Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year !
Morning Has Broken . . . .

. . . . like the first morning of 2009! Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird of 2009. Happy New Year!

Actually, a couple of blackbirds have spoken to me lately. Regina Grewe's Electric Quilt Rabe has said, "Go buy fabric and make me into a beautiful wallhanging." I found her site through via a newsletter from Electric Quilt. In addition to the blackbird, she has flowers of the month available in EQ6. Follow the links from The Electric Quilt Company website from the top horizontal menu bar at Users | Fun Stuff | Project Sharing.

And by some strange coincidence, for the past two months, I have been waking up to Cat Stevens' "Morning Has Broken" recording on my CD clock radio. (You might have to refresh the link to hear the song.) Of course the song lyrics refer to the blackbird.

Some folks harken to the Bluebird of Happiness -- I have the Blackbird of Quilting! Regina, thank you!

No comments: