Saturday, January 31, 2009

Are you ready for some football ?!!

I love to sew during NFL football games. Tomorrow the Super Bowl. Then the last one for the season is the Pro Bowl.

When I was almost a teenager, my mom would let me use the sewing machine when she wasn't home. I just had to have the mess cleaned up by the time she got back. She was out shopping or visiting friends while my dad was watching Sunday football games. I taught myself to sew, and my dad taught me how to watch football.

I still seem to get lots of sewing done with an NFL football game on TV in the background. I think it is the crowd noise that pushes me on. Isn't there a football cheer that goes something like, "Make that block"? (Such a terrible pun!)

Later in life I got the opportunity to attend NFL games. Had access to season tickets for my hometown Cincinnati Bengals for two years. My neighbor in Virginia frequently offered me tickets to Washington Redskins games, but I was awfully busy doing other things. (Oh, how foolish!) Later had a fellow computer trainer (who didn't like football) give me her free tickets to Indianapolis Colts games.

So now I'm living in a town with no professional sports teams. Ho hum. TV it is!! Besides, going to the game means I'm not getting any sewing done.

No comments: