Sunday, February 8, 2009

Heart Block

Each month for the past year, I've been contributing to the Ben Franklin Block of the Month in Sparks, Nevada. Participants buy a fat-eighth of focus fabric to make a 12-inch block. At the end of the month, a drawing is held to see who gets all the contributed blocks. If there are more than 20 blocks, two names are drawn.

I knew I wanted to make a heart for the February 2009 block, but what heart pattern would I use? I don't know what triggered my memory to go to Dawn Stewart's Quilting Clipart site. I had used her site several years ago to help build a front page for a quilting guild's website. She has a long list of suggestions for how to use her clipart. I took the last suggestion.

You can find the rest of my Ben Franklin BOM blocks at Webshots.

No comments: