Monday, December 29, 2008

BELIEVE

Can you hear it ring? I have a wonderful WAV file of jingling sleigh bells. Now if only I could figure out how to embed it here.

Have you seen the movie The Polar Express?

I've watched it before -- in the background while I'm quilting or cruising the Internet. I won't watch it that way again.

I had the great privilege of watching it with my 5th Graders on the last day of school before Winter Break. You have to see this movie with children and watch the expressions on their faces! Who would have thought that even 5th Graders would be entralled!

I've ordered the soundtrack. First I listened again to some of the music before I decided. My clock radio has a feature where I can wake up to programmed tracks on a CD. How much fun would it be to wake up on a cold winter morning to the tune Hot Chocolate.

I even found a fantastic applique of a sleighbell by Sindy Rodenmayer at FatCat Patterns. Follow the links from the homepage menu on the right with Holidays | Christmas Blocks. Then you'll find the Jingle Bells pattern. Looks like a sleigh bell. . . .

So did Santa give me the sleigh bell? Well, actually I bought a box of them at JoAnn's when I was shopping for fabric for Microsoft Office's Christmas Trees!

No comments: