Sunday, December 7, 2008

Arizona Challenge

About a month ago, Janet Wickell at About.com issued her Arizona Challenge. A few days after that, she provided Through the Windows, a pattern she had created based on inspiration from a carpet! The photo here to the left is my version of her pattern and my entry into the challenge. You can see other entries in the Arizona Challenge Gallery.

I had been collecting southwestern-themed fabrics for quite a while. I wanted a quilt with Kokopelli. The border next to the black has Kokopellis marching along it. And I just love the turquoise! And I have even more southwest and Kokopelli fabrics!

Luckily I was on a four-week break, so I was able to start and finish the top. I think it's the best quilt top I've made so far in my short 4-year quilting career. The top is enough to meet the challenge's January 15 deadline. I think this may be my first quilt that I send out to a professional longarm quilter.

Why don't you join the challenge too?!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful. Do you have a pattern for this?
Thank you
Carol Weber
webercann@gmail.com

Kay Ahr said...

Thank you! It came from About.com years ago. That site has changed a bit, but I think the pattern is at http://quilting.about.com/od/foundationpiecing/ss/through_windows.htm now.