Sunday, December 16, 2012

QGI 2012 Blocks of the Month

I make blocks of the month for three guild meetings each month that are all affiliated with QGI, Quilter’s Guild of Indianapolis.

QGIN is Quilter’s Guild of Indianapolis North. For 2012, with Janet Wickell’s permission, we’ve been making the Anniversary Sampler at About.com. We get to keep these blocks for 2012! Our goal is to have our tops finished by the February 1, 2013 meeting. Just the top – no quilting or binding – I might be able to get that done!

OTLB is the Out To Lunch Bunch. The blocks are submitted at each month’s meeting where the people who participate put their blocks on the wall and their names into a container. After a name is pulled from the container, that person wins all the blocks for the month. I won the Christmas Bow set of blocks in August 2012.

QGI’s general meeting also has a block lottery. I won the gray Lightning blocks in September 2012. I’d like to make a 50 Shades of Gray quilt. Something warm and fuzzy, a sharp contrast to the 50 Shades of Gray book’s content! Maybe appliqué some pretty pale orange flowers across them.

At this moment in time, I feel like I am a blockmaker. Maybe 2013 will be my year of becoming the quiltmaker.

No comments: