Tuesday, December 25, 2012

BlockBase Sew Along

I’ve been making the blocks for Electric Quilt’s BlockBase Sew Along. This sew along was set up to encourage people to learn how to use just the BlockBase stand-along software. We are given a block number every other week, and about 11 days later we can upload our finished blocks to the sew along webpage. We're taking a break for the holiday season, but we'll start back up on January 7.

Of the 6 blocks I've made so far, my favorite is the one with green squares. The blocks with stripes and polka dots -- ummmm, not so much.

The BlockBase software is based on Barbara Brackman’s book Encyclopedia Of Pieced Quilt Patterns. The BlockBase interface has been updated recently, but I’m using my older version. Usually I just access the blocks from BlockBase via Electric Quilt 7, but Electric Quilt software is not required.

Even Barbara Brackman herself uses BlockBase.

No comments: