Monday, November 19, 2012

The Quilters Guild of Indianapolis

The Quilters Guild of Indianapolis is HUGE! About 400 members.

I have now been a member of QGI for a year. What a year! The group usually meets the second Thursday evening of each month at Second Presbyterian Church on North Meridian in Indianapolis. The church is a magnificent facility. I am in awe every time I drive up to the building. You can see the imposing edifice at Art and Architecture, Click on Chapter #1 Church.

What a year! During 2012 I’ve been helping the Hospitality Chair by greeting members as they arrive and handing out door prizes. As a newbie, greeting members as they sign in has helped me put names with faces.

I attended one workshop by nationally known paper-piecer Quilt Maven Deb Karasik. Learned some great tips about piecing curves and began her Inner Light pattern.

At those Thursday night meetings, I saw trunk shows and watched demos from QGI guild member Carol Schuetz, The Singing Quilter (yes, she even quilts), Wendy Butler Berns, Gayle Bong, and QGI guild member Cathy Franks. So much talent!

And in July I became the newsletter editor for the end of 2012 and the calendar year 2013. What else will be in store for me as a guild member in 2013?

No comments: