Saturday, November 10, 2012

I live in a quilting laboratory!

I was living in a rather small apartment, 880 square feet, in Nevada. As I became more and more absorbed in quilting, I was accumulating quite a bit of quilting fabric and paraphernalia. I’d had a great 1220 square feet apartment in Indianapolis. Rattled around in all that space. And there I was in Nevada, beginning to realize how that space could be utilized for my quilting and other sewing activities. On a lark, on Memorial Day Weekend 2011, I contacted a rental agent in my old Indianapolis apartment complex. At that point, the agent knew there would be two of those 2-bedroom + den apartments available August 1. There are only seven apartments with that configuration in the entire apartment complex. Couldn’t pass that up!! Lots of faxes, emails, and a deposit check later, and suddenly I was ready to move back to Indianapolis. The idea that germinated on May 30 became reality on August 19. That was fast!
The designated living room is my computer and quilting area. The designated dining room (with ceiling fan) is a sitting room with bookshelves, stereo, and futon. The den? It’s an 8x15 stash room. The closet has floor-to-ceiling sliding doors – what a great design wall! The smaller bedroom has the ironing board, serger, and sewing embroidery machine. What a great floorplan for a quilting lab!

No comments: