Sunday, April 12, 2009

Same look, different color scheme. . . .



What a difference color and fabric make! The block pattern is from the Florida Cabin Fever Quilt Guild April Block of the Month.

One aspect of quilting that I need to learn more about is color. I'm accustomed to sewing clothing where colors tend to match and blend. In quilting, fabrics need to contrast -- light, medium, dark, and even the visual texture on the fabric.

I have purchased several quilter's books to help with with color theory related to quilting. All these books are on my quilting bookshelf:

  • Quilting Color Magic from House of White Birches
  • Color Play by Joen Wolfrom
  • Color Magic for Quilters by Ann Seely and Joyce Stewart
  • Color: The Quilter's Guide by Christine Barnes
  • EQ5 Color: Applying Color Theory to Quilts by Susan McKelvey


Even a couple of the many color theory websites could be helpful to me:

But I haven't used any of these resources . . . . yet.

Now, where is that color wheel I bought? How about just a box of 96 Crayolas?

No comments: