Friday, March 2, 2007

Where have all the geese gone?

The park sure has been quiet this week. All the geese seemed to disappear after those high winds last week. I do think the Canada Geese are beautiful, elegant, and sleek. Running through goose doo is another issue! I think the county transports excess geese to more friendly environs in the Fall. All winter long there were noisy geese on all the ponds in Paradise Park. Sometimes I'd find them just sitting on the asphalt. Or eating in the huge grassy area. Does this mean I don't get to see little goslings this Spring? I think the city has a law now that says people can't feed the geese. That keeps the geese from just hanging around and multiplying like crazy here. They can find food on their own further south.

Once I belonged to a quilt guild that made a raffle quilt with geese. It's an adapatation of a Pam Bono pattern. She gave permission for the changes. Isn't it a beautiful quilt! I actually made 8 of the Flying Geese triangles. I think I have a copy of the pattern in a book by Pam Bono. Maybe I'll try my own version.

Meanwhile, I'll try to find out what happened to the geese in the park.

No comments: