Friday, March 16, 2007

The Friday Night Knitting Club

The Friday Night Knitting Club was the March book for the Pat Sloan Good Book Cafe Yahoo Group. I didn't even like the first half of the book. I enjoyed the references to knitting and New York City, but the main character seemed like such a whiner! The ladies in the club are certainly diverse! There is a strange plot twist at the end of the book.

That plot twist led me to some research about quilt projects related to ovarian cancer.

I've seen all the publicity about Quilt Pink. Even bought some pink fabrics and pink ribbon fabrics to make a quilt to honor my grandmother who died of breast cancer about 20 years ago.

I've also seen the turquoise fabrics with small signs about ovarian cancer. I guess there's no foundation to push that one. I'll have to look into who makes the fabric and whether some of the proceeds go somewhere helpful. . . . .

I looked --------

The ribbon is teal, not turquoise.

Blank Quilting is sponsoring the fabric event.

Then there is the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance. Their quilt project is under the "Awareness" link at the top edge of the page.

I think I'll make a trip to my local Ben Franklin store today. They have the teal fabrics. I've walked past the sign and looked at the fabrics for more than a year. it's time to make some 12" blocks and send them off!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.